Wednesday, April 30

Bootie and the Beast by Falguni Kothari

Bootie and the BeastBootie and the Beast by Falguni Kothari
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Rating : 3.5 stars

I don't read much of romance , which is why I was wondering if I'd do justice to Falguni's book , but I needn't have worried. I enjoyed reading the Bootie and the Beast. Diya Mathur is fun , zesty , full of herself (in a good way)and a supermodel; Krish Menon is smouldering hot , high-flying CFO  who is  extremely focussed and non-fussy .So what happens when you throw these two people who have a history of crackling chemistry between them together? Sparks are bound to fly and mean things are meant to be said :) More importantly , magic is bound to be created!

I am not going to get into the plot because you can easily get that out of the synopsis. I liked Krish's characterisation a lot. His quiet intensity was the perfect foil for a slightly over-the-top Diya. But don't peg Diya as a shrieky heroine just yet. She also loves to cook and has a few other talents up her sleeve. I loved how Kris's ideology is rooted in tradition ,even after having lived abroad for so long. Diya , though initially came across as a spoilt-brat , made me like her with her spunky retorts and surprisingly 'simple-girl' ideas.    

Falguni's writing is fun and cheeky. However , what she excels in are the intimate scenes between the duo. The pages sizzle because of the chemistry she has created between Kris and Diya. I also loved the casual banter between the two. The book has all the ingredients of an M&B. I totally loved the ending- it was super fun!


Overall, a nice read you can curl up with when you are having a 'blah' day :)  

Thanks Falguni for sending this book my way :)          


View all my reviews

1 comment:

B. said...

right so i need a "BLAH" day first to read this one :) he he he he


Bikram